Friday, March 19, 2010

Ultimate Sin Cookies

I read a bunch of different cooking blogs. I have grand delusions of cooking greatness. I admit it; I fantasy cook. However I found a recipe that sounded like it needed to be tried. So I did. Today. You'll understand if you read the blog entry. They do indeed sound sinful.

This recipe came from the blog Country Living, City Style.

It's pretty easy and you can add anything you want. They are sorta kitchen sink cookies but she only added chocolate and coconut but I left out the coconut because...well, I hate coconut. It's nasty, but that's a whole other blog post that we won't get into now. Like I was saying, easy recipe. I halved it today because I didn't want a truckload of cookies. The half recipe made two dozen cookies. Just right.

I added milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and butterscotch chips. I'm a rebel. I used old fashioned oats instead of quick oats. That's all I had. I didn't check the pantry first. Oops.






These cookies do not spread out when baking. I wonder if it is because they only have brown sugar. They mostly hold the shape they were when you slapped them on the cookie sheet. I use a small cookie scoop to keep the sizes uniform; sometimes I'm not a rebel. I want my cookies to cook at the same rate. If you use a scoop, these cookies will be very round. See the last picture. Little domes. I flattened the first two batches so they are mostly flat cookies.

They are tasty. They go well with a big glass of milk especially if you have taken the recommended path and added as much chocolate as you want. You could probably add nuts or fruit to these and be happy as well. I might make these again but my favorite cookies are still the Nestle Tollhouse recipe -- I like my cookies flat with chewy middles and crispy edges. They deliver every time.

Ultimate Sin Cookies

1 cup of margarine
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups of quick oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla

Cream together the butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in the flour. Then add in the oats. Add in all the chocolate. If you want, feel free to add in more dark or milk chocolate. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and if wanted, flatten slightly. Cook at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes.

1 comment: