Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mother's Day

Review by: Do

Someone recommended that I review my own Mother's Day...it never really dawned on me, but it's actually a good idea.


To make a long story short, I had a super relaxing, peaceful, hug and kiss filled Mother's Day and I couldn't have asked for anything more!
The End.

I guess I could elaborate just a little bit...

First thing I remember is my husband got out of bed before I did...which is just weird. But I immediately took the opportunity to hog the whole bed and all the pillows. Ahhhh, so comfy.

Next thing I know I am being woken up by my loving family saying Happy Mother's Day, and holding my M-Day breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, AND coffee! They said I could even eat in bed, but I chose not to because I wanted to be with them.

My husband had taken our kids shopping earlier in the week, and they both picked out wonderful gifts for me. Steven picked a beautiful "mom" necklace, and Paige picked a matching ring. Plus, 2 scratch offs - 1 winner! Paige also gave me a hand painted magnet that she made at school. I love them!

From my husband, as we agreed, I was only supposed to receive tickets to the Creed concert (future review) that we are going to this summer. But since he is a cheater...I mean... since he is so thoughtful, he did get me little something else. On top of the concert tickets I received a gc for a pedicure, and the new Godsmack cd (future review). Plus, another scratch off - another winner! Love them too!

What I asked for specifically from my kids was just a day without fighting. Just get along. Don't fight over a seat at the table. Don't whack your brother when he calls you weird. Don't yell at your sister when she uses your head phones without asking. And let me tell you, they did awesome!!! Just a couple low level 'debates', but that was it!! Everyone was so content, I even had time to paint and work on my pastel!

On top of it all they even attempted to clean the house!! Steven vacuumed, and Paige dusted. It doesn't matter that they only did one room, it was nice of them to try. And my husband did 2 loads of laundry!! Be still my heart - I think I'm in love!

It was snowing here in CNY that day, but I didn't mind being cooped up in the house with my wonderfully caring family. I didn't need all those gifts, but I love the fact that they thought of me and wanted to get me something.

To make a long story short (or is it too late for that) I had a super relaxing, peaceful, hug and kiss filled Mother's Day and I couldn't have asked for anything more! The End. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Mothers day! YAY You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...and you were mad at me for stealing Mom. :) Glad you had good day, Do.

    ReplyDelete