Sunday, February 17, 2013

Beautiful Creatures? eh.

Review by: Do



My husband and I had date night (spanned out over 2 days cuz we're good like that) and we went to see the movie Beautiful Creatures. I am a sucker for a good supernatural thriller, and this movie is NOT that. I do love me a good witch fight, buuuut this movie is NOT that either. I wasn't really in the mood for a romantic love story that gets me all teary....guess what? Yes, this supernatural witch thriller turned out to be 97% love story, 2% witch slap, and 1% comedy. All the witch brawling took place in the trailer, and that wasn't much. Although this movie was lacking in the supernatural thriller category, it was a fine love story. The main characters are good young actors, the supporting actors are well known, and the story line of forbidden love is an oldie but a goodie. I should have realized that a trailer that contained glowing eyes and exploding witches was nothing more than a teenage love story - silly me. The movie is over 2 hours long, but I didn't think it dragged or was dull in any section. I can't say I didn't like it, because I did. Would I see it again, no. Would I recommend it, maybe....if you are looking for an endearing love story that has just enough supernatural sprinkles to make it interesting.

Note to Self: Do more research on a movie you want to see instead of solely relying on the trailer.

1 comment:

  1. The poster didn't tell you everything? :) Was it better than The Hobbit?!

    ReplyDelete